This platform is created around the unique concept of rewarding customers for shopping, for sharing their feedback and personal experiences and other inputs that prove to be valuable data for companies and research or advertising initiatives. The rewards program is designed on a blockchain framework where data is received from participants who are then rewarded with smart contract tokens of the platform.cc
Features of Universal Digital
The platform offers the following features such as:
- Shoppers who come onto this platform would earn rewards; they receive URP tokens that are equivalent to smart contracts on this system; they can exchange the same and redeem them for different offers.
- Users of the platform share varied information such as geo-location of their systems, details about their purchases and every other aspect that is revealed through their transactions with the platform.
- Retailers retrieve URP tokens when they sign up to use features of the platform; they can offer personalized and exclusive offers to shoppers based on the data that they share.
- The platform makes data gathering and exchange of the same a safe and transparent procedure. Based on the blockchain system the protocol of the platform offers full control of data to the shoppers who can also collect reward tokens and redeem the same for different offers.
- While shoppers gain tokens for meaningful interactions with retailers, the latter can make tailored offerings to shoppers based on the data they share.
- The system allows for customized reward systems and campaigns to be designed by retailers. These are handled by a reward smart contract system. By signing up for such contract system retailers can reward their shoppers as well as use features of the platform like IoT sensors that verify and certify transactions.
- All users of the platform can use a digital wallet where they can purchase as well as receive URP tokens of the system as rewards or for redemption contracts.
This platform is headed by Yves Benchimol who is cofounder and CEO of the initiative. He has mastered in engineering and has worked for Dassault Falcon Jet, and Jive, being part of the leadership team of these companies.
Louis Millon has also cofounded this platform as well as holds the position of CTO of the initiative. He also holds a masters degree in engineering and worked for companies like Autolib and Parrot where he has helped in technology projects and management.
Thomas Wolf holds the position of COO of the organization, having also been regional director and CEO of Catalina marketing in France.
There are several others who work on the blockchain technology and marketing requirements of the firm.
Roadmap of Universal Digital
The company was launched in the year 2015 with a partnership with Auchan. By 2016 the proof of concept was formed by equipping Auchan stores with IoT sensors of the platform. Soon patents were filed for the proprietary algorithms of the platform. By 2017 the solution was ready to be launched in the market. In 2018 the token launch has happened along with the design of the URP protocol and forming partnerships with different retailers and brands.
- Total URP created: 600,000,000
- Max units of URP sold: 240,000,000
- Price per URP: €0.1
- Accepted currencies: ETH, Fiat
- Soft cap: 5M€
- Hard cap: 20M€ (240M of URP tokens including bonus)
- Start date: 08/06/2018
- Duration: 2 months
- Min. amount: 20 ETH
- Max amount: 500 ETH
- Cap: 5M€
- Bonus: 40% (bonus will be locked for 2 months)
- Start date: To be determined (around mid September)
- Duration: To be determined
- Mechanism: Only KYC-ed whitelisted people
- Min. amount: 0,1 ETH
- Cap: Hard cap reached or 30/09/2018
- Start date: Seven days after end of private
- Duration: 1 month
- Min. amount: 5 ETH
- Max amount: 500 ETH
- Phase 1: Bonus: 25% (bonus will be locked for 2 months) untill 5M€ or 15 days after the beginning of pre-sale
- Phase 2: Bonus: 15% (bonus will be locked for 2 months) until 10M€ or end of period
Token Locking periods
- Token sale: No vesting
- Private and pre-sale bonus: 2 months lock-up
- Incentive program and subcontractors: No vesting
- Advisors: 12 months vesting with a 6 months cliff
- Founding team: 2 years vesting with a 6 months cliff
- Reserve: 50% in 12 months lock-up, 50% in 24 months lock-up